BALTIMORE, Md. – Sophomores Gatlin Snyder (Powhatan, Va. / Powhatan) and Abby Sloan (Chester, Va. / Thomas Dale) had shining performances for field hockey as the Yellow Jackets faced the fifth-ranked team in the nation, Johns Hopkins, Friday night.
Score: #5 Johns Hopkins 3, Randolph-Macon 1
Location/Venue: Baltimore, Md./Homewood Field
Records: Johns Hopkins 3-0, Randolph-Macon 2-1
How It Happened
- R-MC got a pair of penalty corners back-to-back in the first quarter, but was unable to convert. The teams went into the second frame with no score.
- Johns Hopkins opened the scoring in the second frame. The Blue Jays got a pair of goals back-to-back and led 2-0 at halftime.
- The Blue Jays added one more in the third quarter to go ahead 3-0.
- After a Johns Hopkins foul, Sloan got a chance at the penalty spot. She converted her first penalty stroke attempt of the season and marked her first goal of 2019 as well. It was R-MC's only score of the night as time expired with the final settling with the 3-1 JHU win.
Inside The Numbers
- Snyder finished the night with 12 saves, marking one of the Top 5 performances of her career. She has attained 12 saves in a game three other times.
- Junior Austyn Faries (Richmond, Va. / Monacan) also had a good look at goal in the fourth quarter, marking R-MC's other shot on goal for the evening.
Randolph-Macon will travel to St. Mary's (Md.) on Wednesday for a 6:00 PM contest.