GETTYSBURG, Pa. - Sophomore Buzz Anthony (Arnold, Md./Archbishop Spalding) scored 19 points, pulled down six rebounds and dished out five assists as the Randolph-Macon men's basketball team defeated Gettysburg 88-67 on Saturday afternoon in the championship game of the Gettysburg Tip-Off Tournament.
Score: Randolph-Macon 88, Gettysburg 67
Location/Venue: Gettysburg, Pa./Bream Gym
Records: R-MC 4-0, GC, 1-4
How It Happened
- Senior Darryl Williams (Columbia, Md./Glenelg Country) and senior Grayson Midulla (Glen Allen, Va./Glen Allen) had the first two bucket of the game as R-MC had an early 4-0 lead. The Bullets scored the next 12 points to take a 12-4 advantage with 13:20 left in the first half. The Yellow Jackets put up the nest seven points, five by junior Korey Turner (Midlothian, Va./Amelia Academy), to pull within one at 12-11. Midulla hit a three-pointer with 7:45 remaining to give the Yellow Jackets the lead for good at 18-17. A trey by freshman Ian Robertson (Lewes, Del./Cape Henlopen) put R-MC up 10 at 31-21 with 3:12 left. Robertson's layup with 2:10 remaining put the visitors up 35-24. The Yellow Jackets would take a 39-31 lead at the break Anthony was perfect from the floor, going 5 for 5 from the floor and 4 for 4 from the free throw line for 14 points. He also led R-MC with five rebounds.
- Anthony had a layup to start the second half before a Bullet three-pointer pulled GC within seven at 41-34. A trey by Williams capped a 12-0 run as the Yellow Jackets went up 53-34 with 14:30 left in the second half. A three-point play by senior Jon Nowell (Riverdale, Ga./Blair Academy) gave R-MC a 22-point lead at 61-39 midway through the second period. Another Robertson trey put the Yellow Jackets ahead 74-46 with 6:25 left. GC scored 10 straight to make it 74-56 with 4:25 remaining. R-MC would go on to win 88-67.
By The Numbers
- Anthony was one of four Yellow Jackets to score in double figures. Senior Montese Adams (Richmond, Va./Fuqua) has a season-high 16 points, going 7 for 10 from the floor and sinking two three-pointers. Robertson put up a career-best 13 points, while junior Corey Bays added 10.
- For the second straight game, Bays led R-MC in rebounding, pulling down seven defensive boards.
- The Yellow Jackets are 4-0 for the first time since the 2010-11 season.
- Randolph-Macon will have its home and ODAC opener on Tuesday, Nov. 20 vs. Ferrum at 6 p.m. in Crenshaw Gym.