ASHLAND, Va. – Randolph-Macon sophomore Matthew McDonagh (Winston-Salem, N.C. / Mount Tabor) shot a 72 in the second round of the Ted Keller Memorial Tournament to finish second out of 90 golfers.
The Yellow Jackets moved up one place to finish third out of 17 teams.
McDonagh shot 142 for the tournament, just seven strokes behind the medalist, Brad Lankler, from Franklin and Marshall.
Sophomore Kirby Struhar (Sterling, Va. / Park View) shot 150 (77-73) to tie for 11th. Freshman Trey Razzetti (Glen Allen, Va. / Benedictine) and sophomore Peter Shaner (Lexington, Va. Rockbridge County) shot 154 (75-79) to tie for 25th, followed by senior Connor Jones (Harrisonburg, Va. /Spotswood) at 164 (82-82).
Junior Adam Tuttle (Alexandria, Va. / Hayfield Secondary) led the R-MC B Team at 165, followed by freshman Chase Childers (Issue, Md. / La Plata) at 167, freshman Christian Fagan (Glen Allen, Va. / Deep Run) at 168, freshman Dalton Taylor (Falls Church, Va. / McLean) and sophomore Nick Stottlemyer (Port Tobacco, Md. / McDonough) at 171. Senior Lucas Powell (Mechanicsville, Va./Lee-Davis) shot 161 (79-82) as an individual for the Yellow Jackets.
The Yellow Jackets continue the fall season at the O'Briant-Jensen Memorial in Greensboro, N.C. on Oct. 19 & 20.
Ted Keller Memorial Tournament-Round 2
- Christopher Newport 293-296=589
- Franklin & Marshall 296-294=590
- Randolph-Macon (A) 297-303=600
- Ferrum College 294-309=603
- Piedmont College 298-314=612
- Roanoke College 311-305=616
- Lynchburg College 313-304=617
- Averett University 310-311=621
- North Carolina Wesleyan 306-315=621
- Marymount University 311-312=623
- Stevenson University 310-315=625
- Bridgewater College 308-322=630
- Eastern Mennonite University 316-324=640
- Shenandoah University 318-323=641
- Wesley College 323-322=645
- Randolph-Macon (B) 331-334=665
- William Peace University 345-346=691
--R-MC Sports Information--