BETHESDA, Md. - After scoring the game-winning goal in the opener on Friday, junior Anthony Astruc (Glen Allen, Va./Benedictine) provided assists on goals by senior Peyton Chichester (Richmond, Va./James River) and junior Paul Duffy (Salem, Va./Salem) as the Randolph-Macon men's soccer team posted a 2-1 victory over Ursinus on Day 2 of the Turk Emekli Classic, hosted by Catholic University.
Score: Randolph-Macon 2, Ursinus 1
Location/Venue: Bethesda, Md./The Landon School
Records: R-MC 2-0, Ursinus 0-1
How It Happened
- Chichester directed a header into the net off a free kick from Astruc in the 12th minute to give the Yellow Jackets the early lead. It was Chichester's second goal in two days.
- Early in the second half, Duffy netted his first goal of the season on a header off a corner kick from Astruc to give R-MC a 2-0 advantage.
- The Yellow Jacket defense, led by Duffy, junior Isaac Myers (Littlestown, Pa./Gettysburg Area), sophomore Aaron Eiser (North Chesterfield, Va./Monacan) and freshman Ryan Staton (Mechanicsburg, Pa./Cumberland Valley), held the Bears scoreless for more than 79 minutes before Aiden Cooper put a loose ball into the net in the 80th minute to make it a one-goal contest.
Inside the Numbers
- R-MC held a 10-8 advantage on shots, including 7-3 on shots on goal. Astruc paced the victors with three shots, including two on goal. Duffy and Judge Morgan both had a pair of shots for the Yellow Jackets.
In the Net
- Senior Brian Breslin (Fairfax, Va./W.T. Woodson) registered a pair of saves in goal for R-MC.
- Ursinus picked up four yellow cards, including three in the final 14 minutes. R-MC was not carded during the match.