Sep 12, 2018
ST. MARY'S, Md. – The Randolph-Macon men's soccer team had one less shot in the match than the host, but could not find the back of the net in a 5-0 defeat at St. Mary's (Md.) on Wednesday afternoon.
How It Happened
- The match was scoreless for the first 20 minutes as both teams registered four shots. The Seahawks (4-0-2) got on the board in the 24th minute to take the lead. They added a goal in the 37th minute to take a 2-0 lead at intermission. SMC had seven shots in the first period, compared to five for the Yellow Jackets (3-2).
- The Seahawks scored twice in the first two minutes of the second half to take a commanding 4-0 lead. The added a final goal in the 65th minute as the match finished 5-0.
By The Numbers
- Junior Anthony Astruc (Glen Allen, Va./Benedictine) paced the Yellow Jackets with five shots, including one shot on goal. Freshman Judge Morgan (Okinawa, Japan/Kubasaki) had a pair of shots for R-MC.
- Senior Brian Breslin (Fairfax, Va./W.T. Woodson) recorded a pair of saves in the first 50 minutes of the match for the Yellow Jackets, while sophomore Luke Messick (Hampton, Va./Kecoughtan) recorded one save in the final 40 minutes.
- Randolph-Macon was scheduled to play at Catholic, but that match was cancelled due to Hurricane Florence. The Yellow Jackets are scheduled to open ODAC play on Wednesday, Sept. 19 at 7 p.m. at Randolph.