WINCHESTER, Va. - Freshman Tyler Schardein (Glen Allen, Va./Deep Run) netted his first collegiate goal early in the second half as the Randolph-Macon men's soccer team posted a 2-1 victory at Shenandoah in ODAC action on Wednesday evening.
Score: Randolph-Macon 2, Shenandoah 1
Location/Venue: Winchester, Va./Spring Field/Shentel
Records: R-MC 5-6-1, 2-4-1 ODAC; SU 4-8-1, 1-5-0 ODAC
How It Happened
- In the 33rd minute, junior Christian Torres (Stafford, Va./C.D. Hylton) snapped the scoreless tie with his first goal of the season to give the Yellow Jackets a 1-0 advantage. Junior Josh Beeker (Bel Air, Md./Bel Air) assisted on the goal.
- Two minutes later, the Hornets netted the equalizer as the first half ended in a 1-1 deadlock.
- Schardein had the first shot of the second half just over a minute into the second stanza as R-MC took a 2-1 lead. Junior Paul Duffy (Salem, Va./Salem) earned the assist on the goal.
- The Yellow Jacket defense, led by Duffy, junior Isaac Myers (Littlestown, Pa./Gettysburg Area), sophomore Aaron Eiser (North Chesterfield, Va./Monacan) and freshman Ryan Staton (Mechanicsburg, Pa./Cumberland Valley), held the Hornets to two shots on goal, just one each half. They allowed SU to attempt one corner kick, coming in the second half. Senior Brian Breslin (Fairfax, Va./W.T. Woodson) recorded one save in goal for R-MC.
By The Numbers
- R-MC held an 18-7 advantage in shots, including 11-3 in the second half. Freshman Judge Morgan (Okinawa, Japan/Kubasaki) had four shots, including three on goal. Junior Anthony Astruc (Glen Allen, Va./Benedictine) also had four shots, with two on goal.
- The Yellow Jackets had four corner kicks, two in each half.
Randolph-Macon heads to Guilford on Saturday, Oct. 13 for a 1 p.m. ODAC match.