ASTON, Pa. – The Randolph-Macon men's soccer team fell 2-0 at Neumann on Saturday afternoon despite controlling large portions of the game and forcing the Neumann keeper into eight saves over the course of the game. The shots and shots on goal were spread throughout the team but junior Ruben Niamien (Fredericksburg, Va. / Chancellor) and sophomores Colton Howell (Glen Allen, Va. / Glen Allen High School) and Tyler Schardein (Glen Allen, Va. / Deep Run) all recorded two shots with a shot on goal each.
Score: Neumann 2, Randolph-Macon 0
Location: Aston, Pa.
Records: Neumann 2-3-1, Randolph-Macon 3-3
How it Happened:
- The Yellow Jackets started the first half strong, drawing saves from the Neumann keeper through Niamien and senior Josh Beeker.
- The first half continued to be back and forth with neither side really able to get a foothold in the game or establish any controlled possession until Neumann grabbed two goals late into the first half that would eventually hand them the win.
- The Jackets continued to push in the second half with last week's ODAC Player of the Week Penny Senior (Kingston, Jamaica / Meadowbrook) testing the keeper along with fellow sophomore Judge Morgan (Okinawa, Japan / Kubasaki).
- Sophomore Connor Lorenz (Bel Air, Md. / Bel Air) would have a late chance on goal but would again be thwarted by the Neumann keeper and the game would finish 2-0 to Neumann.
Inside the Numbers:
- The Yellow Jackets recorded eight shots on goal to Neumann's six and also outshot Neumann 11-10.
- Niamien, Howell, and Schardein all recorded two shots for Randolph-Macon with eight different Yellow Jackets recording shots on goal.
- Goalkeeper Luke Messick (Hampton, Va. / Kecoughtan) finished the game with four saves.
- The Yellow Jackets return home after a long road trip for Family Weekend and a non-conference contest against Virginia Wesleyan at 7 p.m. on Friday, September 20 at the R-MC Soccer Field.