HARRISONBURG, Va. - Sophomore Casey Kent (Fairfax, Va./Fairfax) netted a pair of goals as the Randolph-Macon women's soccer team blanked Eastern Mennonite 2-0 on Saturday evening for its fourth shutout of the season.
Score: Randolph-Macon 2, Eastern Mennonite 0
Location/Venue: Harrisonburg, Va./EMU Turf Field
Records: R-MC: 4-0-1, 1-0-1 ODAC; EMU 2-5, 0-3 ODAC
How It Happened
- The Yellow Jackets could not connect on their first five shots, but Kent connected on her first shot into the top left corner of the box in the 28th minute to give R-MC a 1-0 lead. Junior Haley Silva (Henrico, Va./Deep Run) provided the assist on the play.
- R-MC dominated in the first half, holding a 14-0 advantage in shots and 8-0 in shots on goal.
- Kent added her second goal in the 48th minute, her fourth of the season, as the lead grew to 2-0.
- The R-MC defense, led by Silva, senior Lexi Mallory (Charlottesville, Va./Miller School), senior Mary Virginia Kelley (Midlothian, Va./James River), freshman Jules Heuchan (Tallahassee, Fla./Maclay School) and freshman Kylie Martino (Centreville, Va./Centreville) recorded their fourth shutout of the season. They have allowed one goal in five matches.
Inside The Numbers
- R-MC held a 28-1 advantage in shots, including 16-1 in shots on goal. Freshman Nicole Czyzewski (Midlothian, Va./Midlothian) paced the victors with eight shots, including six on goal. Sophomore McKenna Maier (Henrico, Va./Deep Run) had four shots and two on goal. Kent and junior Gabby Nelson (Clover, Va./Halifax County) both had three total shots and two shots on goal.
- Junior Christina Newman (Virginia Beach, Va./Kempsville) and freshman Edye Carr (Clinton, N.C./Clinton) combined on the shutout in the net for the Yellow Jackets. Newman played in the first half, while Carr had one save in the second half.
Randolph-Macon travels to Lynchburg on Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 7 p.m.