ASHLAND, Va. - Bridgewater converted a penalty kick in the first overtime period to edge the Randolph-Macon women's soccer team 1-0 on Saturday for Homecoming and Senior Day.
Score: Bridgewater 1, Randolph-Macon 0 OT
Location/Venue: Ashland, Va./R-MC Soccer Field
Records: R-MC 9-1-2, 5-1-2 ODAC; BC 13-2-1 overall, 6-1-1 ODAC
How It Happened
- R-MC had the offensive advantage in the first half, holding an 8-2 advantage in shots. The Yellow Jackets had five corner kicks in the first period, while the Eagles had three.
- BC put up six shots in the second half, compared to five for R-MC. Freshman Edye Carr (Clinton, N.C./Clinton) recorded a pair of saves in the second half, as did Sydney Davis of BC.
- R-MC had a pair of shots early in overtime. Sophomore Casey Kent (Fairfax, Va./Fairfax) hit a shot wide in the 93rd minute, while freshman Jules Heuchan (Tallahassee, Fla./Maclay School) had a header blocked in the 96th minute for the Yellow Jackets.
- R-MC was whistled for a hand ball in the box in the 98th minute. Carr guessed the right way to go and got a hand on the ball, but could not keep it out of the net as the Eagles registered the victory.
Inside The Numbers
- The Yellow Jackets had a 15-10 advantage in shots for the match, including a 4-3 edge in shots on goal. Kent and freshman Nicole Czyzewski (Midlothian, Va./Midlothian) both had three shots and one shot on goal.
- R-MC suffered its first loss of the season. The Yellow Jackets allowed just their second goal of the season. R-MC shutout a team in regulation for the 11th time this season.
- Prior to the match, R-MC recognized its six seniors: Jenna Burns (Glen Allen, Va./Deep Run), Maddie Burns (Glen Allen, Va./Deep Run), Lydia Hall (Beaverdam, Va./Patrick Henry), Mary Virginia Kelley (Midlothian, Va./James River), Lexi Mallory (Charlottesville, Va./Miller School) and Olivia Maust (Midlothian, Va./Midlothian).
Randolph-Macon will travel to Hollins on Wednesday, Oct. 24 for a 4 p.m. ODAC contest.