ASHLAND, Va. - Senior captain Haylie Moore (Lexington, N.C./South Davidson) and senior Kata Kylliainen (Towson, Md./Loch Raven) both had firsts in two individual events and combined to win a relay as the Randolph-Macon women's swimming team defeated Randolph 103-53 in an ODAC meet on Saturday afternoon.
How It Happened
- The Yellow Jackets finished first in each of the nine individual events and in the two relays against the second-year Wildcats.
- Moore won the first individual event, the 1000 Free, in 11:39.34. Later in the meet, she captured the 100 Free in 58.14. Both were top times for Moore for the season.
- Kylliainen finished first in the 50 Free in 26:35. She also took first in the 500 Free in 5:36.37. Both were top times for Kylliainen this season.
- Kylliaien and Moore combined with junior Zoe Campbell (Annandale, Va./WT Woodson) and senior Lindsei Hamilton (Roanoke, Va./Hidden Valley) to win the meet's final event, the 400 Free Relay, in 3:56.97. It was the first action in nearly a year for Campbell after shoulder surgery.
- Hamilton took first in the 200 Free in 2:10.01, a top time for Hamilton this season.
- Sophomore Natalia Perdomo (Fredericksburg, Va./Home School) won the 200 Fly in 2:16.55, a top time for Perdomo this season. Perdomo teamed with sophomore Abby Baker (Ellicott City, Md./Mount Hebron), sophomore Grace Landolt (Roanoke, Va./Hidden Valley) and sophomore Caroline Pifer (Lutherville, Md./Notre Dame Prep) to finish first in the meet's event, the 400 Medley Relay. It was a quartet of underclassmen on that relay squad for the Yellow Jackets.
- Landolt also won the 200 Breast in 2:37.13.
- Junior Abbey Crank (North Chesterfield, Va./James River) took first in the 200 IM in 2:21.01.
- Junior Kacey Pool (Chesapeake, Va./Western Branch) won the 200 Back in 2:18.49, a top time for Pool this season.
- Randolph-Macon will travel to Catholic on Saturday, January 19 for a 1 p.m. meet.
400 Medley Relay
1 Haylie Moore, 11:39.34, 9 points
1 Lindsei Hamilton, 2:10.01, 9 points
1 Kata Kylliainen, 26:35, 9 points
1 Abbey Crank, 2:21.01, 9 points
1 Natalia Perdomo, 2:16.55, 9 points
1 Haylie Moore, 58.14, 9 points
1 Kacey Pool, 2:18.49, 9 points
1 Kata Kylliainen, 5:36.37, 9 points
1 Grace Landolt, 2:37.13, 9 points
400 Free Relay