ASHLAND, Va. – Randolph-Macon Women's Tennis remained undefeated on the season as the Yellow Jackets shut down Hollins in a sweep Thursday afternoon.
Score: Randolph-Macon 9, Hollins 0
Location/Venue: Ashland, Va./Banks Tennis Center
Records: Randolph-Macon (9-0, 6-0 ODAC), Hollins (3-10, 2-5 ODAC)
How It Happened
- All three Yellow Jackets pairs won swiftly in their matches against their Hollins counterparts. No. 1 Doubles team of juniors Landon Aud (Fishersville, Va. / Wilson Memorial) and Kristin Dantzler (Williamsburg, Va. / York) won 8-0. Junior Courtney Jenkins (Yorktown, Va. / York) and sophomore Isabel Wadsworth (Lake Wales, Fla. / Lake Wales) won 8-1 in their match at No. 2 Doubles. No. 3 Doubles paring of junior Macy Lee Johnson (Henderson, N.C. / Kerr-Vance Academy) and sophomore Daniella Hafner (Leesburg, Va. / Loudoun County) swept the Hollins No. 3 pair of Elizabeth Eubank and Anna Holland 8-0 as well.
- It was similar success in the singles competition. Freshman Bailey Willard (Fredericksburg, Va. / Stafford Senior High School) made her collegiate debut with a 6-0, 6-0 win against Holland at No. 6 Singles.
- Jenkins, senior Stephanie Yeager (Fairfax, Va. / Robinson Secondary) and sophomore Andrea Wine (King George, Va. / King George) all won without ceding a single set. Jenkins defeated Eubank at No. 4 Singles. Wine defeated Alexis Morring at No. 5 Singles. Yeager won at No. 2 Singles against Valerie Sargeant.
- Junior Morgan Fuqua (Richmond, VA / Mills Godwin) got the victory against Kateri Johnson 6-1, 6-0 at No. 1 Singles.
- Wadsworth dispatched Sarah Snoddy 6-2, 6-1 at No. 3 Singles.
Inside The Numbers
- Wine made her conference debut this afternoon. She is now 3-0 on the season.
- Randolph-Macon is 26-0 in doubles play in 2019.
- Aud and Dantzler played their first match at No. 1 Doubles for this season. Jenkins and Wadsworth made their No. 2 debut as well. Hafner made her first appearance in doubles action this season, while Johnson improved her record to 2-0.
- Yeager leads the team in singles this season and is now 8-0. She has two wins at No. 2, four at No. 3 and two at No. 4.
Randolph-Macon is slated to compete at home against Randolph beginning at 1:00 PM on Saturday. The team then travels to Ferrum on Sunday at 1:00 PM.