ASHLAND, Va. – Randolph-Macon Women's Tennis swept its way in the Old Dominion Athletic Conference semifinals as the third-seeded Yellow Jackets defeated the sixth-seeded Emory & Henry Wasps 5-0.
Score: Randolph-Macon 5, Emory & Henry 0
Location/Venue: Ashland, Va./Banks Tennis Center
Records: Randolph-Macon (14-2), Emory & Henry (14-7)
How It Happened
- Senior Stephanie Yeager (Fairfax, Va. / Robinson Secondary) and junior Morgan Fuqua (Richmond, VA / Mills Godwin) made quick work of Katie Meade and Kaitlyn Sheaves at No. 1 Doubles, winning 8-0.
- Juniors Kristin Dantzler (Williamsburg, Va. / York) and Landon Aud (Fishersville, Va. / Wilson Memorial) were not far behind at No. 2 Doubles. They defeated Vanna Summers and Logan Graham 8-2.
- Junior Courtney Jenkins (Yorktown, Va. / York) and sophomore Isabel Wadsworth (Lake Wales, Fla. / Lake Wales) won at No. 3 Doubles to give R-MC a 3-0 advantage heading into singles play in a match that was played to decision only. They won against Cailie Pollard and Tessa Johnston 8-4.
- In Singles play, Dantzler and Aud were again the duo to seal it for R-MC. Dantzler defeated Sheaves 6-1, 6-1 at No. 2 Singles.
- The No. 4 match finished close behind with Aud topping Graham 6-2, 6-1.
Randolph-Macon will face the second-seeded Lynchburg Hornets in the ODAC Tournament semifinals on Saturday at 4:00 PM.