HARRISONBURG, Va. - Junior Miranda Hall (Mechanicsville, Va./Hanover) recorded 12 kills, 11 digs and a hit percentage of .478, while junior Alexia Wolfe (Midlothian, Va./James River) registered 13 kills and 10 digs, as the Randolph-Macon women's volleyball team topped Eastern Mennonite 3-0 Wednesday evening.
Score: Randolph-Macon 3, Eastern Mennonite 0 (25-18, 26-24, 25-15)
Location/Venue: Harrisonburg, Va./Yoder Arena
Records: R-MC 6-5, 2-0 ODAC; EMU 3-8, 0-2 ODAC
How It Happened
- Game 1 was close early, tied at 8 before the Yellow Jackets tallied back-to-back points to go ahead for good at 10-8. R-MC led 18-16 before scoring seven of the final nine points to secure the opening game 25-18. Wolfe had seven kills, including kills on three of R-MC's final six points.
- The Yellow Jackets held a slim 6-5 lead before the Royals used a 7-3 spurt to take a 12-9 advantage. EMU was up 19-15 before R-MC rallied to level the score at 22-22. The Royals had game point at 24-23, but kills by seniors Mariah Clark (Stuarts Draft, Va./Riverheads) and Emily Fitzwater (Bealeton, Va./Liberty) and an attack error by EMU completed the rally for the visitors for a 26-24 victory.
- R-MC jumped out to a quick 10-2 lead in the third game. The Yellow Jackets held a 19-14 advantage before earning six of the final seven points to secure the match with a 25-15 win.
Inside The Numbers
- The Yellow Jackets had a hit percentage of .317 for the match, including .394 in Game 1 and .320 in the final game.
- Hall had 23 total attacks, 12 kills and just one attack error for a hit percentage of .478. Wolfe had 28 total attacks, 13 kills and one attack miscue for hit percentage of .429.
- Freshman Madison Warlick (Charlottesville, Va./Albemarle) tied Hall for the team lead with 11 digs.
- Junior Angela Tender (Manassas, Va./Stone Bridge) paced all players with 22 assists, while freshman Maguire Gubba (Grove City, Pa./Grove City) added 17 assists.
- Clark and Fitzwater both recorded four blocks.
- R-MC will host Washington and Lee on Wednesday, Sept. 26 at 7 p.m. in Crenshaw Gym in a pivotal conference match. The Yellow Jackets and Generals tied for first in the ODAC Preseason Poll.